Contact: Mrs Conrad
Somerset TA4 3SX
Tel: (01643) 841413
Holiday cottage for 2 in Somerset. This pretty 17th Century cottage is peacefully situated on the edge of the delightful village of Stogumber. Periwinkle is mid terrace of three picturesque cottages, positioned away from the road approached via a short footpath. The cottage has been tastefully modernised, being well equipped and clean to a high standard, offering accommodation for 2 people (non smokers). Sorry no pets. Periwinkle is available for lets from Easter to October. Parking is on the road side.
See our location using Google Maps
The bedroom provides a pine double bed – fitted wardrobe and carpet – bedside lights and cabinets – hideaway wall mounted dressing table/desk – stool – wicker chair – tall storage unit – convector wall heater – two windows (views of village, Quantock Hills and garden) and full length mirror. The duvet provided is a 10 tog, or a 4 tog for hot summer months.
The landing provides – pine chest of drawers – linen basket – fitted carpet – airing cupboard with hot water tank – immersion heater – hair dryer and bath step. Stairs lead to the ground floor with hand rail. All windows in the cottage are double glazed with blinds.
The bathroom provides a bath with pine surround and shower, a sink and toilet with pine fittings. Chrome towel rail and rings, wall mirror, strip light with shaver point, heated towel rail, under sink storage for toiletries, cushioned flooring and frost effect window with blind. Bathroom mats are provided plus non-slip bath mat.
Stairs lead down from the landing with handrail to the ground floor, which is open plan
The living and dining area provides two comfortable faux leather arm chairs, a dining table and four chairs. A wall mounted colour TV/DVD combo, an iPod/iPhone dock, a DAB radio, three wall mounted heaters and an electric Rayburn. Maps, guide books and tourist information leaflets are provided. The floor is tiled, and the ceiling is beamed.
The new modern kitchen has a four ring electric ceramic hob cooker, with grill and double oven. The stainless steel microwave is well equipped with steamer, fatless fryer, baked potato crock pot and pasta / rice cooker. A slow cooker is also provided along with a comprehensive range of cooking utensils. The 3* fridge has a freezer compartment and there is a washing machine tumble dryer, iron, ironing board, pegs and vacuum cleaner. A welcome tea with home made fruit scones is provided.
The stable door leads out onto the patio with garden bench, and the five steps with handrail accesses the first garden with lawn and flower beds. The panel fencing, varigated holly shrubs and honey suckle hedging make the garden quite private and peaceful. The second lawned garden provides a summer-house with picket fencing. A barbecue with cooking tools is provided. There is a parasol shade, garden furniture and wonderful views. The guest's secure garden shed provides a small freezer and extra storage.
Views of garden shed and guests shed.
The view from the back bedroom window.
Stogumber provides a village stores and Post Office, the White Horse Inn serving home cooked food and local ales (5 minutes walk away). There is a 14th Century Church and the West Somerset Steam Railway 1 mile from the village. There are many foot paths, country lanes and pretty thatched cottages, to make this an attractive village location for your holiday.
For more information, visit the Stogumber Village Website
Stogumber village and Quantock Hills and a map showing the local area.
Visit Medieval Dunster and its National Trust Castle, Cleeve Abbey, Combe Sydenham Hall and Tropiquaria. See local crafts by potters, artists and blacksmiths. Visit the local coastal resorts of Watchet, Minehead and Porlock Weir. Explore the beauty and wild life of Exmoor, the Brendons and Quantock Hills. Enjoy peaceful hamlets, delicious cream teas and country walks. Walking, riding, cycling, sailing and fishing are all available in this area of West Somerset.
The small town of Williton (3 miles away), provides extensive shopping facilities with two Supermarkets, Newsagents, Butcher, Iron Monger and Chemist. There is a Lloyds Bank and a PO. There are several Pubs, an Indian Restaurant and a Shell Petrol Station. A car is considered essential as there is no regular bus service.
CONTACT AND TELEPHONE NUMBER – MRS CONRAD 01643 841 413
TARIFFS & BOOKING PROCEDURES
- Owner direct weekly tariffs for 2017 are from £220 to £270. Contact via telephone and payment by cheque.
Payment by Debit/Credit card can be made via www.holidaylettings.co.uk cottage ref: 942698.
Tariffs are 8% plus vat higher than owner direct bookings.
Payment by Debit/Credit card and cheque (if booked more than 6 weeks prior to holiday) via
www.cottagesdirect.co.uk cottage ref: 4340336/1.
Tariffs are 10% higher plus vat than owner direct bookings.
- Please read the Conditions of Hire on this web site.
- Phone to make a provisional booking and confirm availability of dates. These can be checked on www.cottagesdirect.co.uk and www.holidaylettings.co.uk on the Periwinkle Cottage advert.
- Complete a copy of the Conditions of Hire and Booking Form and post along with a cheque deposit / full amount as outlined in N0 2 of Conditions of Hire.
- If you do not have a printer, please request a copy of the Conditions of Hire and Booking Form at the time of telephoning to make the provisional booking, and they will be sent to you 1st class post. 8 days are allowed in this instance.
- The prices quoted are per week for the cottage letting, telephone reservations are held for 5 days ( if sending a copy of the booking form provided in this web site).
- A deposit of £50 is required for each week booked, made payable to Mrs S Conrad & forwarded to Puzzle Tree, Wootton Courtenay, Minehead, Somerset TA24 8RD.
- A booking of less than 28 days to the holiday date, will require full payment.
- The balance of rent payable will be due at least 28 days prior to the booked date. Please note, if the balance is not received by the specified date, the booking will be deemed cancelled. A REMINDER WILL NOT BE SENT.
- Deposits are not refundable. It is recommended that you take out Cancellation Insurance.
- CANCELLATION – written notification is required and is effective from the day it is received. 14 – 21 days = 25% of balance refunded; less than 14 days = no refund. If we have to cancel for reasons beyond our control – all monies received will be repaid.
- Acknowledgement of the balance payment will detail the access arrangements to the cottage.
- The cottage sleeps 2 non-smoking persons, any deviation would be a breach of contract.
- Bed linen, personal towels and kitchen towels are included in the price.
- Electricity is by meter which takes £1 coins.
- Please notify me should any breakages occur during your stay as payment will be necessary.
- Should any equipment in the cottage fail to work during your stay, every effort will be made to amend the problem as soon as possible.
- The personal belongings of the Tenant and party are the complete responsibility of the Tenant, and no liability will be accepted.
- The Tenant is responsible for the security of the cottage and its contents and is expected to take good care of it.
- The Tenant is responsible for seeing that the cottage, along with all the kitchen utensils- IS LEFT CLEAN AND TIDY.
- Walking boots, soiled footwear or stiletto style heels should not be worn in the cottage. Appropriate indoor footwear would be appreciated to help maintain the floor tiles and carpets.
- Strictly no loud music. Sorry no pets and cycles by arrangement.
- The cottage is available from 3pm on the arrival Saturday to 10am on the departure Saturday.